Proposal for Advanced Painting
I want my work to show a
human relationship with animals. I believe everyone has a connection to animals
being that we all share the planet and with some humans the relationship is
stronger and can be seen more vividly. Through my paintings I want to enhance
this connection by using the person physical representation with my painterly
lines that emphasize the representation of the animals. This shows the connection that I am most interested in because it is
playful as well as important to the people involved in the process.
The process
begins with an interview of the subject about what they believe human and
animal relationships are or how it affects them. After this is complete I
describe the pose for their photograph to be like a game where you must act out
an object or event using your body. This really allows for the subject to
become empathic with the animals in mind and that creates the first visual
resource for my paintings. With the photographs I then relate my interview with
the animals the subjects have chosen to create the drawing lines that will
emphasize the animal’s presence in the painting. This process also creates a
relationship with the artist and the subject for the painting; it is something
different from everyday life and can be enjoyed. Using these I plan to create many medium to large paintings while using drawings and smaller paintings to play with the many variations.
Here are some of those photographs:


No comments:
Post a Comment